Thursday, August 03, 2006

Trip Report Day 5 (July 27th)

After another late night. Today was my last shot for me to win into the Main Event. With 2 x $500 lamers in my pocket, I was hoping for a grand shot. I planned to wake up for the 1pm event Mega Satelite, but slept through it, oh the burn and tears of playing poker HAHA. Because I missed it, I tried to sleep in as much as possible only to not feel tired at the table, which didn't work either.

I think I woke up at 3-4pm. Showered up and out the door. Arrived at the RIO, Saw a LONG registration line and thought, Dam I should have registered last night. I probably waited 1.5 hours to sign up as it was about 6 pm when I was registered. I then found out now more single table satelites except $1030 where winner gets 4 x $2500 lamers.

Using my $10 voucher (you get it when you sign up for $1000+ events I guess) I went to get some dinner (or lunch...dunch?). I went for a slice of pizza and grrrr, I felt a bit tired after eatting. Don't you just hate that, oversleeping + eating = tired, weird :P

I finally get seated, I know noone. Loose player is playing a lot of pots and has 4-5x his stack to like 14,000 by level 2. Previously, I saw loose player bet out A9 on a Q9x flop only to push to a raise. Raiser had a flush draw I believe, but I thought the A9 move was very loose, not much of a read from what I can remember on raiser. So that hand affected me when I got AT on the SB with him limping. I got a free limp from the SB on 25/25 Blinds with ATs. YES 25/25!!!! The flop comes down AJ3, and I fire out a 100 chip bet. Folded to the loose player who then reraises to 400. I think it over a bit, I still have lots of chips, but he could be reraising A9? QJ? And after thinking for about a minute, I push it in. He reacts hesitatnly, and for a second I think I'm good. No AJ and maybe my kicker is good. He proceeds to count off the chips and call me. He has J3, oops mis step and I am ousted. I should have folloed the procedure if that early and you don't know where you're at, just muck it and move on. Live and learn I guess, I played it AWFUL, but everyone is entitled to donkey mistakes, it just cost me $1000.

Feeling like shit, I quickly get a beer and just chug it, maybe this can all be a dream. I originally planned to come back on the 29th so I could watch so Main Event action on the 28th if I didn't qualify, but after losing out on two satelites, my WSOP 2006 was over and I wouldn't be coming back to the Rio. I brought a Black Hoody for myself, two Tees for friends and a red hoody for my brother. I headed back ASAP to Harrah to just get over it. Had a couple more drinks and I was out to sleep.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sit & go poker tournament, Texas hold'em ... take free Poker sponsorship and play with other poker people - all available $50 bonuses.

Plymouth Roadrunner - Good Day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>