Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Trip Report Day 2 (July 24th)

I decided to wake up at 1115 am and head out for Caesar’s $80+50 (4500 chip 40 minute level) tourney. I passed by a digital camera store at the time along Harrah’s side and was shown this ugly no name brand camera for $299 which he told me was a good deal. I passed even though I was wanted to get a digital camera. As I walked to Caesars I passed by the Caesar’s Forum (a bunch of shops and figured I would come back later to shop for a camera). I get to Caesars and head to the poker pit. What do you know, I get there at 1220 and the tourney started at 12 DOH. Well WOOHOO for late registrations. I buyin and instantly get the single rebuy. I was blinded off 75 chips (1 orbit). First hand UTG, I look down at KK, can this be a sign? I raise it up to 225 as they know nothing about me. I get called in 2 spots (UTG+1 and a MP). On a 663 flop I led out for 625 and only UTG+1 calls. I thought maybe he was floating on me as he gave a long stare, so decided I would run a play on him. Turn was a 9 and I checked and he bet out 1000. I looked at my stack and raised all in for 3500. He thought about it and folded 88 face up. Doh, maybe I should have continued leading out and letting him call down as I thought he was weak and trying to make a play. I then won a couple pot and was up to 8000 max. with about 7000 chips I lost a 4500 pot which cost me 2000 ish in chips when I called an allin with 99 on the 200/400 A50 level. His AK outdrew me doh. Moved to a new table, I raised it to 1200 on cutoff and the button pushed 3200 all in. Looking at 2.75:1 pot odds I made the call and AT couldn’t suck out QQ. On the next hand, I open pushed 67o 1400 with 1000 already in the pot. What do you know, same player call with A6d this time and I am dominated and out.

I walk the walk of shame and wish luck to this other player I was originally playing with. I head to the forum and check up the Sony Styles store. I pick up this sweet looking 6 Mega Pixel thin camera for $249. I walk back to Harrah’s as it’s across the street figure out how to work the camera. Then its off to the Rio.

At the RIO I check out the Limit Shootout. I find out the Tommy, the player I was chatting it up lost to set over set against the chip leader on a Q6x flop with 66 to Chip Leader’s QQ. That sucked ass. Next thing I know, there is a deadline for a year-long internship for Honda so I spend an hour leaching wireless and typing up a cover letter and submitting it.

Its then time to play a satellite game where I get AK (raise 100 pf, fold to 200 on 7 hi flop, although I could have made a move by pushing all in). I won 44, limped bet out in position 4 handed on a A hi flop. 2 EP limpers, I limp 55 on SB and led out for 100 (1/2 pot) on 742 flop but fold to BB reraise. I then get chipped down and find no pushing cards ie J2 Q3 J4 82 until I call all in blind which happened to be 65h. I think maybe if I just put all my chips in the pot before they said anything the guy may have not raised his K8c.

I think it was late and the satellite tourney was an hour long line so I went and used my $10 voucher on a Parmesean Chicken sandwich and a Fruit Salad for $10. I head over to the pit and sit back and eat while I watch the final 2 tables of the $1000+R duke it out until the final 9. 12 handed, the big names were Hellmuth, Humberto Brene, Helppi, Ralph Perry, Tony G and David Plastik. It went 10 handed when Hellmuth sucked out on Brenes with his A8 against 99 when he spiked on the river. Hellmuth was a big chip leader and it was 5 handed, so I don’t mind his call. 10 handed, Hellmuth doubles up Tony G from 40K to 80K when they get it all in on 763 (2 spade flop) with T2s (Tony G) and 55 (Hellmuth) when he makes a flush. Tony goes into his “I will destroy you” rant, which I was talking to some other railers with before hand. We got a couple laughs and it was quite funny and figured the final table would be very entertaining. A no name player was eliminated in 10th and the final table was set with 5 big name and Hellmuth in search of his 10th. I wonder if ESPN will set up the TV table for them as the $2000 NLHE was supposed to be the last filmed event before the Main Event. But who knows, lots of good players and possibly history in the making for Hellmuth could make great TV.

I then head back early, so I can wake up at 10 am and play the NLHE. *Sleep*

1 Comments:

At 1:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Online poker bankrolls guide, Free start up $50 bankrolls for new players - all possible $50 bankrolls :)

Plymouth Roadrunner - Good luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>