Sunday, October 16, 2005

Treated myself to a tourney

After missing out on the live triple shootout tourney (due to my sleepiness) and seeing how dark it was @ 6-7am in Downtown Toronto (didn't like the idea of walking :P). I decided to play the 500K $200+15 buyin on PokerStars. I started off mild just staying around the starting stack (T2500) by picking up pots preflop. I then finally double up on 200/400 blinds when UTG (Under the gun or first to act) limped and I pushed all in with AKc 8xmin (3200) and he calls A7o to put me up to 7000 in chips. I then called a min raise on the BB with JTs only to see JJ3 flop :D chk flop, chk turn (rag) and I led 3xmin on river and he called with A high, YAY I WIN. I then won a couple pots pf and built up to 13K. It then had a big pot confrontation when LP (cutoff I believe) raised it to 2400 (3x) and I raised it to 7000. S/he pushed all in 5K more and I called with AQd. He shows QQ, dam :( Flop came KJx (giving me 4 more outs), turn Q (dam, he hit case Q, to give me 4 outs) and a BEAUTIFUL RIVER (T) :D I was up to 26K :D I then went on a -6K run where I went completely card dead and cards i could raise with in late position had to be folded to earlier position raises. I finally made the money and was down to 11K somehow on 1.5/3K blinds. I was UTG+1 and pushes all in with AQc. MP (middle position) called all in for 2K and BB called as well. It was me AQc vs MP (AJo) and BB (TT). Flop came down KT7 (2 clubs), YAY I STILL HAVE OUTS. Turn is a Q, well MP made his broadway. So i needed a club (doesn't pair board) or a J on river to win. A BEAULTIFUL J spreads and I suck out for the 2nd time with AQc vs flopped set. I then went on a cold run of cards where I pick up a pot pf and lose blinds and it went like this for an hour and finally I pushes with A9 to be called against 77. 7 flopped, but I turned a flush (I had lone heart) and river did not bring me a heart :( GG to me, $600 cash ($400 profit). Not bad, but I woulda prefered to be 130K richer ;)

1 Comments:

At 12:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

not bad.. is that really all the encounters you had? you must play those things ultra tight! i like to play more aggressive, and steal from limpers, and re raise loose aggressive raisers.. usually if its late in the tourney, they are afraid to play with marginal holdings.. people are always making the mistake of folding middle pair on raggy flops

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>