Saturday, October 08, 2005

Omaha 8/b

I finished my classes today and headed home from my residence. Since my family had recently moved into our new house, we didn't have any Cable/DSL connection, but luckily I had a DIAL UP account. I had to use it after 11:30 pm though, so not to interfere with people calling in. Once I logged in, I noticed a bunch of tourneys I had missed on PokerStars that night. I then surfed the net and signed up for the Omaha 8/b + Rebuys tourney ($5+0.50 entry). I think this game is one of my better games as I have pretty much a solid read on this level of play (not sure how my play would vary at the WSOP tournament level). I took a rebuy off the bat putting me up to 3K in chips and dwindled up and down until the last hand before the break where I rivered a flush and went up to 5500 chips. Took the addon and 7500 chips at the break. I then continued building up and down and by the third break I was almost in the money, but goal of winning (I chopped a $5+R Omaha 8/b tourney before, as well as winning a $10+1 Omaha 8/b Freezeout). I eventually made the money and having gone up and down eventually lost when my A23K (A3s) ran into 4567 and the board came down J97, turn rag, river no ace or king and I was done in 13th place. $40 prize, but I would have liked to come first, or even a final table appearence. But I can't be too greedy. And Sundays coming up, so its GAME DAY :D And I'm feel'in LUCKY :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>